- Elegant scarf handwoven and embroidered by artisans in the Egyptian rural village of Akhmim
- Suitable for both men and women
- Approx. W 33 cm x L 175 cm
- Can be worn as a shawl or as a scarf
- 100% Egyptian cotton
- Fulfillment and shipment from Canada
The ArtisansThe Akhmim project is one of the development initiatives of the Association of Upper Egypt for Education and Development (AUEED). This project gives the opportunity for girls and women to perpetuate a 4000 years old local textile industry by allowing them to weave traditional products and revive Coptic and Islamic designs from the region dating back to the 3rd century AD.