Egyptian cotton tapestry crafted by master weavers in Akhmim, a town in the south of Egypt on the east bank of the Nile, which has flourished as a weaving center for over 4,000 years. This handwoven& wall art features a beautiful textile color with hand embroidered naïve art. Embellish your room with this handwoven tapestry.
- Hand embroidered tapestry featuring Egyptian farmers picking eggplant, on a pink background of handwoven textile
- 100% Egyptian cotton
- Approx. 67 x 45 cm / 26.4" x 17.7"
- Embroidered by Nadia Azmi, an artist from Akhmim rural village in Upper Egypt
- Each tapestry is one of a kind
- Fair trade
- Fulfillment and shipment from Canada
The ArtisansThe Akhmim project is one of the development initiatives of the Association of Upper Egypt for Education and Development (AUEED). This project gives the opportunity for girls and women to perpetuate a 4000 years old local textile industry by allowing them to weave traditional products and revive Coptic and Islamic designs from the region dating back to the 3rd century AD.