Egyptian cotton placemats and napkins crafted by master women weavers in Akhmim, a town in the south of Egypt on the east bank of the Nile, which has flourished as a weaving center for over 4000 years.
This set features 2 placemats and 2 napkins in matching colours. The edges are decorated with delicate fringes.
Brighten your dining table with those attractive multicolored placemats. The napkins are multi-use, they are great for dining napkins, elegant hand towels for your guests in the powder room, or as small side table linens.
- Set of 2 placemats and 2 napkins
- Placemat (each): L 36 cm x W 49 cm / L 14" x W 19.3"
- Napkin (each): L 39 cm x W 39 cm / L 15.3" x W 15.3"
- 100% Egyptian Cotton
- Do not bleach; wash in cold water
- Handmade with care in Egypt
- Fulfillment and shipment from Canada
The ArtisansThe Akhmim project is one of the development initiatives of the Association of Upper Egypt for Education and Development (AUEED). This project gives the opportunity for girls and women to perpetuate a 4000 years old local textile industry by allowing them to weave traditional products and revive Coptic and Islamic designs from the region dating back to the 3rd century AD.