Dandarah's Partnership with MSF
Every purchase counts!
In April 2020, soon after COVID-19 hit, we wanted to support the fight against this pandemic, and Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Canada was the perfect choice for partnership based on their long-standing track record fighting epidemics and pandemics, especially within communities in most need.
As such, we launched a 6-months cause marketing campaign in partnership with MSF in which Dandarah donated 10% of its proceeds from retail and wholesale sales in support of MSF’s work on the COVID-19 response.
On June 1st, 2021 Dandarah started an ongoing partnership with MSF Canada. Under this partnership, Dandarah donates 1% of annual sales from all wholesale and retail sales in support of MSF Canada’s humanitarian work.
This partnership means that every purchase made through Dandarah has triple impact:
- supporting and empowering Dandarah's artisans,
- supporting the environment through our donations to 1% for the Planet, and
- supporting MSF's humanitarian work
You can also donate directly to MSF by clicking on the donate button below.
Thank you for your support in 2021
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF Canada) is the world’s leading, independent international medical humanitarian organization, delivering emergency aid in 72 countries worldwide.
- In 1971, MSF was created in the belief that all people should have access to healthcare regardless of gender, race, religion, creed or political affiliation, and that people’s medical needs outweigh respect for national boundaries.
- In 2021, MSF is marking its 50th anniversary. Since its founding, MSF has treated over 100 million patients and received numerous awards recognizing its work, including the 1999 Nobel Peace Prize.
- Today, MSF has grown to become one of the largest independent medical relief agencies in the world. With 50 years of experience, MSF has the expertise to carry out its mission efficiently and effectively.
- MSF is presently on the front lines of some of the world's most challenging medical and humanitarian emergencies.
- More than 90 percent of funds raised in Canada come from private donors. This support allows MSF the ability to act quickly, and the flexibility to make choices about where and how they work in order to be most effective. Moving swiftly provides the best chance to save lives.
Dandarah and Sustainability
- The core purpose of Dandarah as a social enterprise is to create positive social change.
- Dandarah’s primary mission is to support marginalized artisans in Egypt with sustainable income through capacity building and access to international markets.
- Beyond that primary mission, Dandarah is committed to all three pillars of sustainability: social, economic and environmental, in all our business dealings whether through our direct work or through partnerships.
- This partnership with MSF allows Dandarah to expand its impact into a new area of social sustainability, which is health.
50 Years of Humanity: Making this Milestone Matter
In June 2021, MSF hosted a conversation with some of its corporate supporters, including Dandarah, about how organizations can partner with MSF Canada in celebration of their 50th anniversary. We invite you to watch the panel discussion.