This unique appetizer plate calls to mind the beautiful Egyptian countryside with palm trees and cultivated fields along the banks of the Nile River, and farmers carrying crops or riding on their donkeys. Perfect for serving nuts or condiments, or as a decorative plate.
This plate is handcrafted by young potters in a pottery school in a small village in Luxor, in the south of Egypt. It is shaped of clay extracted from the quarries of the gorgeous city of Aswan in Egypt, and is then decorated with ceramic glaze. Each piece created by these potters is a one-of-a-kind treasure.
- Each section is approximately 8 cm in diameter
- Given it is handcrafted, color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Most often, the potter's name is inscribed in Arabic on the plate
- Pair with other pottery plates or bowls to serve a variety of treats, or use alone as a spectacular appetizer plate
- Handmade in Egypt
- Fulfillment and shipment from Canada