These artfully decorated coasters are handcrafted by young potters in a pottery school in a small village in Luxor, in the south of Egypt. These coasters are shaped of clay extracted from the quarries of the gorgeous city of Aswan in Egypt, and are then decorated with ceramic glaze. Each coaster depicts a traditional scene inspired by the potters' rural surroundings, such as typical rural Egyptian adobe and pigeon houses, plants, flowers, palm trees, and farm animals. Each piece created by these potters is a one-of-a-kind treasure.
- Ceramic. W 10 cm x H 10 cm
- Given they are handcrafted, color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Most often, the potter's name is inscribed in Arabic on the flip side of the coaster
- These coasters are sold separately so you can create your own unique set of similar or different coasters
- Handmade in Egypt
- Fulfillment and shipment from Canada